Title

San Luis Obispo County Regional Photograph Collection

Description

The San Luis Obispo County Regional Photographs Collection contains photographs, artwork, and postcards of San Luis Obispo City and County. The collection, comprised of both amateur and professional work, captures daily life and popular scenes and locations in the county. The bulk of the collection focuses on early twentieth-century San Luis Obispo. Collections dates between 1850-1980 (bulk 1890-1930). More information available at: https://oac.cdlib.org/findaid/ark:/13030/kt6c6037qw/.

Collection

Displaying results 1 - 25 of 88
Results per page
10
25
50
Local Identifier
168-5-a-11-11-04
Date Created
1910-09-06
Description

On front: 'Weber-Duller Co. of L.A. constructing 1,000,000 Bbl concrete reservoir at Tank Farm near San Luis Obispo, Cal.'

Local Identifier
168-2-d-06-00-01
Description

Men in dress robes. Lectern that says "Charity. Hope. Faith. Truth. Love. Friendship."

Local Identifier
168-1-b-01-35-06
Date Created
1906
Description

A panorama taken from Terrace Hill, San Luis Obispo. Probably taken in 1906 when the high school building on Marsh Street was being constructed. The back is labeled "San Luis Obispo, Calif. 1907" Image is a digital composite of five photographic prints.

Local Identifier
168-1-a-01-07-01
Date Created
1877
Description

Reproduction print. Looking southwest down Monterey Street toward San Luis Obispo de Tolosa Mission. The Eagle Hotel was the pioneer hotel of San Luis Obispo County. It later burned and was rebuilt as the Commercial Hotel.

Local Identifier
168-1-a-01-14-04
Date Created
1916
Description

Newspapers being printed at the San Luis Obispo Tribune

Local Identifier
168-1-e-03-08-01
Date Created
1880 (year uncertain)
Description

This is possibly the Locust Grove School in Schellville, Sonoma. It was run by Amy B. Lubeck, starting in 1875, for boys under the age of 12. Boy sitting on penny-farthing bicycle at right. Last names of individuals in photo include Tilden, Landsborough, Harrison, Sterett, Lubeck, Wolf, Jackson, Mortimer, Dutton, Bosch, Williams, Wiley, McCreery and Clark.

Local Identifier
168-1-a-01-14-05
Date Created
1885 to 1900
Description

Three men standing in Arnold photo studio, with type case behind them and holding composing sticks for typesetting.

Local Identifier
168-1-a-01-14-02
Date Created
1885 to 1910
Description

The Tribune at its ground floor location on Chorro between Higuera and Marsh, Editor Benjamin Brooks stands at the far right doorway. Written on back: 'Mr.? Lucien J. DeFasset'

Local Identifier
168-1-a-01-12-01
Date Created
1886 (year uncertain)
Description

San Luis Obispo County Abstract Company and Title Bureau, most likely at 983 Osos St., in the (first) Andrews Hotel Building, before it burned down. It appears that the Abstract Company remained at 983 Osos St. after the new Andrews Bank Building was built (appearing in a 1904 photo by Fitzhugh in Tigner's Souvenir). written on verso: 'Andrews Hotel - Monterey Street, Burned April 1886