Jump to navigation
Mission San Luis Obispo
University Archives Photograph Collection
Centennial Book Photographs
Mission San Luis Obispo about 1890. Father Junipero Serra founded the mission in 1772. During the 1880s, it's adobe walls were covered with wooden clapboard siding, and a New England-style bell tower was added. These alterations were removed in about 1934, and the mission's facade and roofline were restored to their original style.
San Luis Obispo
Notice regarding copyright of materials available online: http://lib.calpoly.edu/support/policies/sca-policies/copyright-guideline...